Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It all started with this desk...

I was fortunate to stumble upon this amazing gem at a friends yard sale and snag it quick!  Because, like I said, everyone else was after it too! (in my mind!)  I skipped over it at first and then revisited it... It was so unique.  I love things that are not predictable and aren't cookie cutter.  As a mater and a fact, if they are then they won't be after I'm done with them.  So off I went with this beauty!  

As my hubs and me were bringing her into the house to her (its a girl, by the way) spot in the office, he said the most beautiful words... "I wish the rest of our house looked like this."  Now some may have taken that as a jab, NOT ME!  I took it as permission ;)  And the rest is painted history!  I have been a furniture collector ever since that day.  And really its his own fault that he can't park in the garage anymore!  

And this is her story to greatness...
Check out the legs! 


I HATE priming, just letting you know.


Regency stencil from HobLob... love. The color is like a bright sage, Parks Place, from Lowes, I believe. 

And I was going to get new hardware but decided to just spray the old stuff since it worked so well.


... and now my husband takes good care of her while working from home ;)

So thanks to this desk we are all here today! 

Just one more before and after:



6 comments:

Jaimee said...

Absolutely amazing!

Nicole Joelle said...

I'm completely jealous! I love it! Fun, modern, and chic...plus, who can argue with the color :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

That desk deserves a great big WOW! I love all of its unique details, and you've made it ever better!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

GORGEOUS! Love the grey & the stenciling.

WhyCuzICan said...

Lovely transformation!

Your hubby can stand in line so the house will look like your space, LOL

Visiting from MMS Linky Party
~Suzanne in IL

Decor & Harmony said...

It's chic, classic and it has a modern flare:) Love the stencil! Your newest follower stop by for a blog visit.