Friday, July 8, 2011

Nursery Love

I have a sister and mostly girl cousins, so when I found out I was having a boy... I tried not to panic!  But really, the first boy diaper I had ever changed was my son's.  SO when I started working on his room last year I had to think extra hard.  I wanted his room to be ALL BOY but not in a life size sports decal on the wall kind of way.  It had to be me, and the hubs, and baby boy all wrapped into one.  I searched high and low for inspiration that seemed to fit us.  

What I decided on was "all shades of blue and green with white accents."  I wanted all things in that color palate to "go" so I didn't restrict myself.  A green chair could be friends with a blue crab in my munchkin's room!  My beautiful mom made his quilt that we designed together.  Stripes, like the curtains, and some of my old denim (that she saved... for a rainy day?  NO for my son's baby quilt silly!)  I hope you enjoy because we definitely do.

*rug from Ikea

This wall with stars has just recently gained a buddy, a beautiful rattan wrapped anchor!  
My mom and I found it at an antique store.  The buffet/changing table was also refinished, with a high gloss white.  Love.

 
Oh, P.S. I'm also a graphic designer!  I did the art on the back wall.
(Left to right: alphabet letters going all directions, munchkins full name spelled out in color in a sea of gray alphabet letters, 1-10 written out and with corresponding number of items next to it)
All of the art was made out of about 3 shades of green, 3 shades of blue, and (of course) gray!
*The painting behind the rocker was painted by the hubs great grandma*

 My preggo hands and bottom sewed all all the curtains in the room, 2 panels for the closet and on for the window, worth it!

 The most amazing quilt that my beautiful mom made.  She is amazing!

This is a close up of the tree branch mobile.  Super easy.
Branch (sprayed white)
Clear string
Felt, cut in all sizes and colors
Buttons, for variation
Hung from the ceiling VERY SAFELY & SECURE! :)

Well thats it for the nursery, I love sitting and rocking my hungry baby in there.  (that's the only time he lets me rock him, he has things to do!)  I love it and I hope you do too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always loved your nursery! It is so classic, yet fun! You did a great job!

The Clark Family said...

I LOVE the changing table!! Great nursery!!